Wild rice and mushroom soup recipe
Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A creamy rich rice and mushroom soup that is easy and tasty!
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth (big can)
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Chopped parsley
Prep: 45 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Sauté onions, mushrooms, and celery in butter over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. (Sauté till onions start to brown and stuff starts to stick to bottom of pan)
2. Stir in flour, then slowly add broth while stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and continue stirring until mixture is slightly thickened.
3. Slowly add rice, curry, chervil, mustard, and salt & pepper. Heat over medium heat and stir in sherry and half and half. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a while to mix the flavors… Enjoy…..
Reference: Wild rice and mushroom soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.