Wild mushroom tasso sauce recipe
Wild Mushroom-Tasso Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Tasso ham adds a savory spiciness to a rich mushroom sauce. Shiitake, oyster, and cremini mushrooms all cook down with the ham and are brought together with a bit of butter.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sliced wild mushrooms (oyster, shiitake, cremini)
- 1/2 cup julienned tasso ham
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup veal stock
- 2 tablespoons whole butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, tasso and garlic. Cook for about two minutes, glaze the pan with Marsala wine and veal stock. Reduce liquid by half and mount with 2 tablespoons whole butter, and set aside for later use.
Reference: Wild mushroom tasso sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.