Wally’s rib rub recipe
Wally’s Rib RubThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing Wally's Rib Rub Recipe, a mouthwatering blend of spices and flavors that will elevate your barbecue game to new heights. This recipe is a well-guarded secret, passed down through generations, and now it's time to share it with the world. With a perfect balance of smoky, sweet, and savory elements, Wally's Rib Rub guarantees tender and flavorful ribs every time. Get ready to impress your friends and family at your next cookout with this irresistible recipe.
Keywords: rib rub, barbecue, spices, flavors, tender
Wally's rib rub recipe details
I have been making this for a number of years, and everyone who has tried my ribs, chops and chicken says it has the best they ever had. Maybe they were just sucking up for a free meal, but I think it’s a good rub. Sweet with a kick!!! What’s there not too love???
Ready in: 14 hours 10 mins
IngredientsMakes: 3 cups of rub (almost)
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 2 hours | Extra time: 12 hours, marinating
1. Stir together white sugar, brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, chili powder, and cayenne pepper until blended. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
2. To use the rub, remove the membrane from the back of the ribs, and rub both sides with the mixture. Don’t skimp on the rub! Wrap the ribs with plastic, and refrigerate overnight. Cook the ribs slowly over indirect heat for 2 hours, basting with your favorite barbeque sauce during the last 20 minutes.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Wally’s rib rub recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.