Venison pot roast recipe
Venison Pot Roast
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Cook up extra venison into a delicious meal for the family
Ready in: 3 hours
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 pounds venison roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry white or red wine
- 5 carrots, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut in 3-inch pieces
- 4 potatoes, quartered then halved
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 2 hours 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Mix the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley. Coat meat with the flour mixture. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven, and brown the meat on all sides.
3. Add the broth, wine and any remaining flour mixture and stir.
4. Cover and bake the roast in the preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours. Add vegetables and bake until tender, about another hour. Season with salt and pepper.
Reference: Venison pot roast recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.