Vegetarian happy chicken burgers
Vegetarian Happy Chicken Burgers recipe
- 1 cup firm tofu (wrapped in clean towel for 10 minutes or more)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 2 cups finely grated green cabbage
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (many baking sodas contain aluminum, which is to be avoided)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Cut tofu in thin slices and wrap in several thicknesses of kitchen towel while you prepare other ingredients. Heat oil in a skillet and add green onions. Saute briefly, then add cabbage and carrot and saute for 4 to 5 minutes until soft. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream tofu in a food processor. Add flour, yeast, soy sauce, baking powder, and poultry seasoning. Process until smooth. Add vegetables and puree three times, just to combine and chop slightly. (This can also be done by hand.) Spoon 1/3 cup of mixture onto oiled baking sheet. Flatten to 1/4- to 1/2-inch patties and shape in neat rounds. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn over and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve burgers on buns with Almonnaise, sliced tomato, sliced pickle, and sprouts. Or, simply serve as pancakes with a sweet-and-sour sauce.
Tags: recipe, Vegetarian happy chicken burgers, cooking, diy