Turkey serrano chili for the slow cooker recipe
Turkey Serrano Chili for the Slow Cooker
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Man, is this ever simple. Just brown the turkey, dump the spices and veggies in the slow cooker, and let it do the rest of the work. You’ll eat like a king for days. Inspired by Alan and Chef Poobe’s “Poobe’s Chili.”
Ready in: 8 hours 10 mins
- 1 pound coarsely ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 serrano chili, diced finely
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 8 hours
1. In a skillet, cook ground turkey over medium heat until browned, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat and transfer to 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Add all other ingredients to slow cooker, stir well to combine, and cover. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.Serving Suggestion
Serve topped with cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips or green onions.
To thicken the chili if desired, combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into stew with slow cooker set to HIGH, then repeat until desired thickness is reached.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
Reference: Turkey serrano chili for the slow cooker recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.