Tom’s seared chuck steak recipe
Tom’s Seared Chuck Steak
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A great way to create a grilled-like chuck steak. I have a grill with side burners and prefer doing it outside, but then, I do everything outside.
Ready in: 52 mins
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) chuck steak, 1-inch thick, bone in or out (bone in has more flavor and keeps the dog happy)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
Prep: 40 mins | Cook: 12 mins
1. Combine the garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Rub and massage the mixture into both sides of the steak and let sit for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
2. Heat skillet very hot. Oil the skillet and place the steak in the skillet. Cook 6 minutes or until blood can be seen oozing out on the top of the steak.
3. Turn the steak over and continue cooking an additional 6 minutes. This usually is the medium rare stage, you can alter the time to your liking.
Tags: recipe, Tom’s seared chuck steak recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Tom’s seared chuck steak recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com