Thick pork chops with spiced apples and raisins recipe
Thick Pork Chops with Spiced Apples and RaisinsThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThick pork chops with spiced apples and raisins is a delicious and hearty recipe that combines tender pork chops with a sweet and savory apple and raisin topping. The pork chops are seared to perfection, then smothered in a flavorful blend of spices, apples, and raisins. This dish is perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner or a special occasion meal. The combination of the juicy pork chops and the caramelized apples and raisins creates a mouthwatering flavor profile that will leave you craving more.
Keywords: pork chops, spiced apples, raisins, savory, hearty.
Thick pork chops with spiced apples and raisins recipe details
Tasty, seared, thick-cut pork chops are served with warm apples sauteed with fresh thyme leaves to make a delicious, gourmet meal.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced in 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped from stems
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 (8 ounce) center-cut, bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. While the oven is heating, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sautee the apple slices in the hot butter until they begin to brown around the edges, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the thyme leaves, and cook 30 seconds more. Add the raisins, apple juice concentrate, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated and the apples are tender, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and keep warm.
3. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. Pour in olive oil and swirl around to coat the pan. Add the pork chops, and sear in the hot oil until nicely browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the chops over, and place into the oven.
5. Bake the pork chops until they are just slightly pink in the center and/or register 145 degrees F on a meat thermometer, 7 to 10 minutes. Serve with the spiced apples.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Thick pork chops with spiced apples and raisins recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 49 times, 1 visit(s) today