The governors crouton
The Governors Crouton recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- Three 1/2-inch slices French bread
- Three 1-ounce slices Vermont Chevre (goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, lightly poached to soften
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary
Butter and lightly toast the French bread slices. Cover with goat cheese slices. Place on a buttered pie tin. Bake in a 350-degree oven until crisp.
While the croutons are heating, in a small pan combine the remaining ingredients, and saute on medium heat until the garlic starts to cook. Remove from the heat. Place croutons on a serving plate, and top with the tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Tags: recipe, The governors crouton, cooking, diy