Texas twice baked potatoes recipe
Texas Twice-Baked PotatoesThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIf you're looking for a hearty and delicious side dish, look no further than this Texas twice baked potatoes recipe. These potatoes are loaded with flavors of the Lone Star State, featuring a combination of tangy BBQ sauce, smoky bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese. The potatoes are first baked until tender, then mashed and mixed with the flavorful ingredients before being baked again to create a crispy and cheesy topping. Perfect for your next barbecue or family gathering, these Texas twice baked potatoes are guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
Keywords: Texas, twice baked potatoes, BBQ sauce, bacon, cheddar cheese
Texas twice baked potatoes recipe details
Spicy stuffed potatoes that will fill you up right, Southern style! The spiciness is adjustable, of course, to suit everyone’s tastes. Takes some time to prepare, but well worth the effort!
Ready in: 2 hours 20 mins
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 16 ounces bacon
- 1 medium to large white onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 16 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 to 5 scallions, diced (green onions)
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour 50 mins
1. Wash and perforate potatoes with fork in several places, slice thin line on top.
2. Place potatoes directly on rack of oven preheated to 400 degrees, cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
3. After cooling, slice each potato lengthwise into two halves. With a spoon, scoop out almost all of potato into a large mixing bowl, leaving just enough to maintain the rigidness of the skin.
4. Crumble and brown ground beef and bacon and put aside. Dice onion, sautee’ with butter in small frying pan until browned.
5. With a large fork, hand-mash the potatoes well, mixing in the sour cream, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Stir thoroughly until mixture is creamy but still firm. (If mixture is too dry, add more sour cream).
6. Mix in the crumbled ground beef, bacon, onion, and scallions.
7. Add 8 Oz. (half) of the shredded cheese and mix well.
8. Fill the empty potato shells with mixture, place on large baking sheet. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
9. Place in 400 degree oven, bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Texas twice baked potatoes recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.