Spring hill ranch baked or grilled stuffed jalape os recipe
Spring Hill Ranch Baked (or Grilled) Stuffed JalapeñosThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking to add some spice to your next meal? Try out the Spring Hill Ranch Baked or Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos recipe. These jalapenos are filled with a mouthwatering mixture of ingredients and can be either baked or grilled to perfection. Whether you're hosting a backyard barbecue or simply craving a flavorful snack, this recipe is sure to impress. Get ready to enjoy a burst of heat and deliciousness with these stuffed jalapenos!
Keywords: Spring Hill Ranch, baked, grilled, stuffed jalapenos, recipe
spring hill ranch baked or grilled stuffed jalape os recipe details
Here’s another version of the always-popular “jalapeño popper”. Bake ’em in the oven if there’s 5 feet of snow outside or if your grill space is limited. You can cut the recipe in half or even quarters without degrading the quality, too! Check the intensity of your jalapeños before you make ’em and add a diced up chipotle or two (or 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper) to the stuffing if they are too mild.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 6 slices bacon, diced fine, browned crisp, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons New Mexico chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 25 jalapeño chiles, cut in half lengthwise, seeds and veins removed
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- 2-3 cups bread crumbs
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 325°, cover 2 rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil and coat them with shortening -OR- If you have the grill space, set your grill up of medium indirect heat…and soak a couple handfuls of mesquite chips if you want a little added smoky flavor.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the bacon pieces, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Spoon this mixture into each jalapeño half.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. Place enough bread crumbs in a 4 cup plastic container to coat the peppers.
4. Place 4 or 5 peppers at a time into the egg mixture and coat them thoroughly. Move the peppers from the egg mixture to bread crumbs. Cover and gently shake to coat.
5. If you are baking them in the oven, place the coated peppers onto the prepared baking sheets and bake for 30 minutes. If you are roasting them on the grill, add the soaked mesquite chips to the fire (if you’re using them) and roast them with the lid down for about 30 minutes, checking them frequently to prevent burning.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Spring hill ranch baked or grilled stuffed jalape os recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.