Tasty chicken all cacciatora recipe
Tasty Chicken all Cacciatora
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
This simple chicken alla cacciatora dish uses boneless chicken breasts and is a little different than the normal recipes, with tomatoes, bell peppers, and garlic. Serve over rice, couscous or pasta for a delicious meal.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- Salt, pepper to taste (about 1 teaspoon of each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup white wine (good wine)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Dry off chicken with paper towels and throw in resealable plastic bag with flour, salt and pepper. Take chicken out of bag and shake off excess flour.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and place chicken in oil. Brown both sides of the chicken quickly, about 6 minutes. Remove from pan.
3. Drain some oil out of pan, about half, and add wine. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat, then add peppers, onion, garlic, and carrots. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
4. Add chicken and chopped/canned tomatoes. Add more salt and pepper to taste and let simmer on low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
5. Serve over pasta and garnish with parsley, if using.
Reference: Tasty chicken all cacciatora recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.