Taco salad recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
This great addition to any Mexican-themed dinner also makes a great lunch all on its own.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 8 Large White flour Tortillas
- Enough oil to deep fry
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 cup cubed tomatoes or 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Jalapeño Monterey Jack
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Take 2 Tortillas and place aside.
2. Take a small glass or the inside of a doughnut cutter the ‘hole’ part and punch a small hole in the middle of the tortillas (not the ones you put aside, you’ll need those) These help the oil draining.
3. Using 2 Metal Strainers, place 1 tortilla into strainer, shaping into a bowl, and place second strainer over top, closing them together to keep the tortilla from floating away. Deep fry until golden and flaky. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
4. Take remaining tortillas. Cut into strips of about 2 inches long, by ½ an inch. Deep fry, mixing constantly with a spoon. Remove taco croutons when Golden.
5. While Taco bowls are cooling, brown ground beef, adding spices. Drain.
6. Now while beef cools, shred both heads of lettuce, rinse in cold water, and let dry. Mix into large bowl with carrots and tomatoes.
7. Mix cheeses.
8. Fill taco bowls with salad mix. Top with taco croutons, cheese, then beef, and top with dressing of choice (ranch is good) Or make your own!
Reference: Taco salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.