Swordfish with balsamic brown butter sauce
Swordfish With Balsamic Brown Butter Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Swordfish steaks (6 about 6 ounce, each steak ¾ inch thick)
2. Dijon mustard (1tbsp)
3. honey (1tbsp)
4. balsamic vinegar (3tbsp)
5. unsalted butter (1 stick about 1/2c)
6. chopped tomatoes (optional)
7. drained capers (2tbsp)
8. olive oil (1 tbsp)
9. pepper and salt (to taste)
Method of preparation
1. Take a heavy saucepan of medium size, place it over medium heat and melt butter in it by swirling the pan irregularly for about 5 to 6 minutes until the butte gets golden brown color.
2. Then take off the pan from heat. Then mix honey, vinegar and mustard in it and season it with pepper and salt. Rub oil on the swordfish steaks and then dust salt and pepper over them.
3.Take large and heavy frying pan; place it over medium high heat. Add three steaks of swordfish in the pan and saute them for about 4 minutes on each side until they get opaque.
4. Then take them out from pan and place on plate, cover the plate with foil to keep the fish warm. Then cook the rest of the steaks in the same way.
5. Heat the sauce over low heat and then pour it over fish with spoon. Sprinkle tomatoes and capers over the fish and then serve it hot.
Number of servings – 6
Reference: Swordfish with balsamic brown butter sauce
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.