Sweet molasses barbecue sauce recipe
Sweet Molasses Barbecue Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Once you make this classic, thick, homemade sauce, you may never go back to store-bought. Heck, you may never go back to a store. You might just stay home forever, eating this by the spoonful.
Ready in: 10 mins
Makes: 3 cups
- 2 (8 ounce) cans plain tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Simply stir everything together in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Use to baste chicken or pork while grilling, and reserve some to serve with the meat.
Reference: Sweet molasses barbecue sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)