Stuffed mushrooms recipe
Stuffed Mushrooms recipe⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
- 2 pints mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (I prefer leftover wheat bread)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds or walnuts
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or American cheese
These can be an appetizer or side dish.
Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Chop stems and saute with onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add crumbs and nuts. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and seasonings. Fill caps with stuffing and place in a 10 x 8-inch baking dish. Pour half & half around mushrooms. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 10 minutes more.
Tags: recipe, Stuffed mushrooms recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Stuffed mushrooms recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com