Steak au poivre recipe
Steak au Poivre recipe⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
- Four 10-ounce Delmonicocenter-cut steaks
- 1 cup freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons red currant jelly
- 2 dashes Tabascopepper sauce
- 2 cups brown sauce (your favorite recipe)
Lightly coat the outside of the steaks with cracked pepper. Brown the steaks on both sides in a large, lightly salted preheated sautÃ© pan (the timing depends on how rare you wish the steaks to be).
Remove the steaks from the pan and deglaze the pan with the brandy. Add the vinegar, mustard, jelly, Tabasco, and brown sauce. Heat, stirring, until the jelly is dissolved; pour over the steaks.
Tags: recipe, Steak au poivre recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Steak au poivre recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com