Steak au poivre recipe
Steak au PoivreThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Nothing beats the flavor of steak, seared and tender. This is a mans recipe with class.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon Black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Green pepercorns
- 2 (12-14oz) NY strip Steaks room temperature (or your favorite tender cut)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Oil (canola, vegetable)
- 4 tablespoons Heavy cream or Half and Half
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp Cognac or good Brandy
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Crush peppercorns between two sheets of waxed paper or in a heavy plastic bag, coat each steak with 1 tsp mustard Dijon preferrred and evenly coat both sides with peppercorn mixture.
2. Get out your cast iron boys, place a cast iron skillet on the stove at med high heat make sure the steaks will not be crowded. Get pan hot when water skips across surface. Add oil and butter as soon as the butter melts (don’t wait for the bubbles to stop) place steaks in pan and cook on one side 4 minutes until starting to get well browned, turn over and immediatly place in oven.
3. After 5 minutes remove from oven place steaks on plates to serve. Deglaze pan with cream and Cognac stirring up the tasty bits on the bottom of the pan, add salt to taste, and pour sauce slightly over middle of steak but let most of sauce ring the steak on the plate. As the steaks have had about 5 minutes to gather up their juices, serve immediatlyTip
This is wonderful with a small caesar salad and a baked potato with sour cream. Serve your favorite red wine or a beer is always good.
Share this content!
Reference: Steak au poivre recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.