Staggering jack daniels r meatballs recipe
Staggering Jack Daniels(R) MeatballsThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
When meatballs are gone you can do shots of the sauce… Gotta admit, I usally cheat on the meatballs and buy em pre-cooked, or ya can make yer own. I make several batches of this and keep em in the freezer letting them ferment, although cuz of the alcohol content they don’t freeze solid, LOL. All ingredients are to taste, no exact measuring is required… How much you make is optional. Be creative and have fun, do a shot.
Ready in: 2 days 1 hour
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 1 (10 ounce) jar pepper jelly
- 2 (10 ounce) jars Jack Daniels(R) whiskey (use apple jelly jar to measure)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen meatballs
- 1 (8 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Extra time: 2 days, marinating
1. Melt jellies over medium heat to boil in a saucepan.
2. Add roasted peppers to jellies and remove from heat, then add whiskey.
3. Heat or cook meatballs to very hot, drain.
4. Combine meatballs with sauce … the hot meatballs act like a sponge and will absorb the sauce … WARNING: the sauce aroma will kick ya on yer a** when first made. Your buds will be able to smell it from down the street, LOL.
5. Let the meatballs absorb the “sauce” for a good hour … I usually let them chill, then refrigerate, then warm up next day.
6. How ya choose to warm them up is optional. I personally re-heat on low, simmer, to heat throughly, carefully NOT letting them boil, cuz we all know what happens when ya bring alcohol to a boil… NO EFFECT.
7. A tip is to make extra and store in freezer, longer in freezer the better/smoother they go down.
8. Out of meatballs? … either do shots with remaining sauce, or save and use for another batch following the heating instructions.Alternate method
Sauce can be boiled to cook out the alcohol, the flavor will remainAlternate method
If sauce is too strong, you can add additional jelly, but wait at least 2nd day before adding. As said, when 1st made, the sauce smell will be VERY strong.
Share this content!
Reference: Staggering jack daniels r meatballs recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.