Spicy blue cheese turkey burgers recipe
Spicy Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Healthy turkey burgers coated with a super-heated sauce, then cooled off with blue cheese. Kind of like a chicken wing morphed into burger form.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 large English muffins, toasted
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook carrot, celery, onion and garlic in hot oil for about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and reserve.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, dill, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Form mixture into patties.
3. Heat remaining olive oil in skillet. Place burgers in hot oil and cook for about 12 minutes, turning once. Remove burgers from skillet. In their place, melt the butter, then add the hot sauce. Replace burgers and flip to make sure sauce covers patties.
4. Sprinkle each burger with blue cheese and top with a slice of Cheddar. Cover skillet and let everything stand for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Place on English muffins with lettuce and relish.
Tags: recipe, Spicy blue cheese turkey burgers recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Spicy blue cheese turkey burgers recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com