Spinach fontina burger recipe
Spinach Fontina BurgerThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A nice homage to my Italian roots. Simply mouth watering. These are served open-faced.
Ready in: 16 mins
- 8 thick slices Pugliese or Como bread
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4oz dry Pinot Grigio (white) wine
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 pound ribeye steak, finely diced
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 12 ounces Italian Fontina (only Italian Fontina), in 8 oval slices
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 6 mins
1. Heat grill to Medium.
2. In a large skillet on medium-high heat, warm butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil, then add smashed garlic and wine. Cook for 1 minute, then add spinach and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat.
3. Toast slices of bread till lightly golden on both sides, rub with whole garlic, and drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
4. Mix diced ribeye with sausage. Then form eight 1/4-pound oval-shaped patties. Grill 3 minutes on each side, adding Fontina while grilling the second side. Remove from grill.
5. Take a slice of the toasted bread, put a patty on it, and follow with some of the sauteed spinach. Then, enjoy!
Reference: Spinach fontina burger recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)