Spicy pork chops w hot sausage and green chili tomato sauce recipe
Spicy Pork Chops w/ Hot Sausage and Green Chili Tomato Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This easy, spicy pork recipe is very delicious and very filling as well!
Ready in: 35 mins
- 2 pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomato with green chili
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon cilantro and paprika.
3. Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium with the oil in it. After a minute, add the pork and sear each side for 2 minutes.
4. Put skillet in oven and cook for 15 more minutes, until pork is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
5. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Start by browning the sausage in the skillet until no longer pink in the middle, about 10 minutes.
6. In food processor combine tomatoes, remaining cilantro, onion, garlic salt and pepper. Blend until everything is no longer chunky.
7. Add mixture to cooked sausage and cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked.
8. Serve by spooning sausage sauce over pork chops.
Reference: Spicy pork chops w hot sausage and green chili tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.