Spicy fried codfish recipe
Spicy Fried Codfish Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Codfish fillets (1 1/2lb)
2. vegetable oil (for frying)
3. crushed garlic (3 small cloves)
4. ground or crushed cilantro (1/2tsp)
5. ground cumin (1tsp)
6. fresh lemon juice (1tbsp)
7. crushed red pepper flakes (3/4tsp)
8. ground star anise (1tsp)
9. salt (to taste)
Method of preparation
1. Take cod fish, first take off its skin and then remove bones from it. Now wash it and use a paper towel to pat dry it. Then cut fish into large pieces and keep it aside in a bowl.
2. Take a bowl; add pepper flakes, star anise, garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and lemon juice in it. Mix all the ingredients well to make smooth paste. Then put this paste into the bowl of fish pieces and mix it gently with fish pieces to coat them.
3. Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator to marinate for about 1 hour. Then take out fish from the bowl and keep it on paper towel to drain some marinade.
4. Take a large frying pan and place it over heat. Add oil in the pan and heat it to 350 degrees.
5. Put a few pieces of fish in hot oil and fry them for about 2 to 3 minutes until the fish changes to golden brown. Then take out fish pieces from oil and serve them with green salad or cooked rice.
Number of servings – 4
Reference: Spicy fried codfish recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.