Spicy fried bananas in brown sugar cream recipe
Spicy Fried Bananas in Brown Sugar Cream
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
These wonderful fried bananas come with a bite from the jalapeno, but the mellow brown sugar cream sauce helps to tame the fire. This is my daughter’s favorite dessert.
Ready in: 20 mins
- 2 strips smokey bacon
- 1 jalapeno, halfed lenghwise
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bananas, peeled cut in half lenghtwise
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Cook bacon and set aside. Drain drain fat from pan leaving about a tsp. behind. and re-heat.
2. Saute peppers in remaining fat until soft, discard. Deglaze with brandy.
3. Add butter and bananas. Cook until bananas are good and brown, remove from pan for later use.
4. Temper in cream. Add remaining ingredients and reduce liquid by 1/3 or until thick (au sec).
5. Place bananas in 2 bowls and cover with cream sauce. Either eat the bacon strips now, or crumble over top of the bananas for a nice, salty crunch.
Reference: Spicy fried bananas in brown sugar cream recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.