Spicy fish from the skillet recipe
Spicy Fish From the Skillet
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Fish fillets rest in a spice and citrus mix, then are fried to create a flaky, moist entree.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 fish fillets, halibut or tilapia for instance
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 20 mins, resting
1. Mix everything but the fish and the oil into a bowl and stir to combine. Stir fish in mix and let stand 10 minutes.
2. Remove fish from spice mix and place in skillet with oil over medium heat. Cook until meat flakes or internal temperature is 145 degrees F, about 15 minutes. Additional sauce may be poured over fish while cooking.
Reference: Spicy fish from the skillet recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.