Spicy chorizo potato and egg breakfast burritos recipe
Spicy Chorizo Potato and Egg Breakfast Burritos
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A breakfast burrito that really deserves the name. Filled with chorizo, peppers, spices and cheese, you’ll have all the energy you need for a big day of chores, exercise, or fiddling around in your workshop with the ballgame on.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) package frozen hash brown patties
- 1/4 pound bulk uncooked chorizo
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 7 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 (14 ounce) package 12-inch tortillas, warmed in microwave according to package directions
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a skillet or in the oven, cook the hash brown patties according to package directions. Chop coarsely.
2. Place chorizo, jalapenos, red bell pepper, and both kinds of onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until onions are soft and chorizo is no longer pink. Pour off any extra liquid.
3. Combine eggs, chili powder, garlic, and cumin in a bowl. Add to the skillet with chorizo; cook until set, breaking up into small pieces. Add salsa.
4. Place 1/4 cup hash brown crumbles, 1/4 cup egg chorizo mixture, and a few tablespoons of cheese in each tortilla. Roll up and serve.
Reference: Spicy chorizo potato and egg breakfast burritos recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.