Spicy chocolate covered bacon recipe
Spicy Chocolate-Covered Bacon
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Bacon delivers a full load of chocolate in this spicy, manly dessert.
Ready in: 1 hour 40 mins
Makes: 12 bacon strips
- 12 thick-sliced bacon strips
- 12 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 6 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Cayenne pepper and freshly ground black pepper
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20 mins
| Extra time: 1 hour, chilling
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Slide each slice of bacon onto a skewer, like a long connected kebab. Put a wire rack in a baking pan and arrange the 12 bacon skewers on the wire rack. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Crispiness is the most important thing, so don’t underbake them.
3. When the bacon is cooked and cooled, microwave the candy coating in a small bowl to melt it. Add chocolate and shortening, and microwave for 15 second blasts until everything’s melted and smooth when you stir it together.
4. Brush the chocolate coating on the cooled bacon skewers and sprinkle with cayenne and black peppers, to taste. Refrigerate to firm up the chocolate.
Reference: Spicy chocolate covered bacon recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.