Spicy beef and green pepper stir fry recipe
Spicy Beef and Green Pepper Stir FryThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Beef with a dash of chili powder for extra flavor and a nice combo of veggies makes this a great dinner stir fry.
Ready in: 33 mins
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 ounces steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 green bell peppers, deseeded and finely sliced
- 6-inch piece of leek, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 3/4-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 23 mins
1. Combine cornstarch, chili powder, and cloves in a small bowl. Sprinkle over meat and toss to coat in a large mixing bowl.
2. Heat a wok over medium-high flame, then coat with 1 tablespoon oil. Add all vegetables and cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes. Then add sherry, soy sauce, and water to the wok, lower heat to medium-low, and bring to temperature.
3. In a separate skillet or wok, heat remaining oil and stir-fry the coated beef pieces for about 3 minutes, until cooked through. Serve vegetables and beef over rice.
Reference: Spicy beef and green pepper stir fry recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)