Spaghetti pie iv recipe
Spaghetti Pie IVThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
The next time you go to make the same old ziti or lasagna, try this simple dish instead! Very kid-friendly. When making this meal for 2 people, put 1 pie into the freezer. To cook from frozen state, add 15 minutes to cook time.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1 lb. ground beef or buffalo
- 1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz. dry spaghetti
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 15 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- 12 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray bottom of 2 9-inch pie plates with cooking spray or butter.
2. Make spaghetti per package directions and rinse with cold water while straining.
3. Brown meat and simmer in tomato sauce.
4. Put 1/2 of the cooked spaghetti in each pie plate, then toss with 1 beaten egg and 1/4 c. bread crumbs.
5. Stir ricotta cheese with a butter knife and spread evenly over spaghetti mixture.
6. Pour 1/2 of sauce mixture into each plate, then top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, removing foil when there are about 15 minutes left on the clock.
Reference: Spaghetti pie iv recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)