Spaghetti carbonara with peas recipe
Spaghetti Carbonara with PeasThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for spaghetti carbonara with peas is a delicious twist on the classic Italian dish. The combination of creamy carbonara sauce, al dente pasta, and sweet peas creates a perfect balance of flavors. With just a handful of ingredients and simple instructions, this recipe is quick and easy to make. Whether you're cooking for a weeknight dinner or entertaining guests, this dish is sure to impress.
Keywords: spaghetti carbonara, peas, creamy sauce, Italian dish, quick and easy.
spaghetti carbonara with peas recipe details
Beginning cook looking for a little step up? Try this stylish, restaurant worthy dish.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 14 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions; add frozen peas for the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
2. While pasta is cooking, place the pancetta in a skillet over medium heat and cook until crisp. Remove all but 1 teaspoon of rendered fat from the skillet, then add onions and cook for 1 minute.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat Parmesan with eggs and creme fraiche. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
4. By this time, the pasta and peas will be cooked through. Drain quickly and return pasta to the pot along with the pancetta. Continuing to work quickly, add the egg mixture to the hot pasta and toss to combine, until the egg mixture forms a creamy sauce.
5. Serve with additional Parmesan, if desired.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Spaghetti carbonara with peas recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 43 times, 1 visit(s) today