Southwestern egg rolls recipe
Southwestern Egg Rolls
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Texas meets Asia in the best combination of cuisine. Make these for your next party and everybody will be asking for more.
Ready in: 2 hours 10 mins
Makes: 16 egg rolls
- 1 package egg roll wrapers
- 1 package chicken tenders
- 1/2 can corn kernels
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1/2 diced red pepper
- 1 can Ro*tel tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/4 bunch green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Montery Jack cheese
Prep: 2 hours | Cook: 10 mins
1. Slow cook the chicken tenders in a pan with the Ro*tel on low heat for about an hour or until tender enough to fall apart.
2. Add in the cumin, cayenne, chili powder and cilantro (to taste). Let them soak in to the mixture for about 10 minutes.
3. Next add the corn, beans, red pepper and green onion. When they are up to heat add in the cheese. When its melted you are ready to roll the mixture up in the egg roll wrappers.
4. Deep fry the egg rolls at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes or until golden brown.Serving suggestion
Great when served with my homemade guacamole.
Goes down great with a ice cold beer.
For a little spicier egg roll add in some diced jalapenos.
Tags: recipe, Southwestern egg rolls recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Southwestern egg rolls recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com