Smoky mashed potatoes recipe
Smoky Mashed Potatoes
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
These fantastic spuds have a great smoky flavor. They make a great side for BBQ, roasts or just about anything! I like to mix in or top with a bit of smoked Gouda or English Cheddar cheese.
Ready in: 1 hour 40 mins
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, cut in half
- olive oil as needed
- sea salt as needed
- coarse black pepper as needed
- 3 cups hickory wood chips, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
1. Set up grill for indirect cooking. Place 1 cup of soaked chips in a disposable pie tin and place directly over the flame on the hot side.
2. Rub the potatoes generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place spuds on the cool side of the grill, and smoke for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until very tender, turning from time to time and adding wood as needed.
3. Mash the spuds with the cream, butter, and garlic. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Leave them a bit lumpy for that homestyle feel!
Reference: Smoky mashed potatoes recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.