Smoky almond crusted chicken wings recipe
Smoky Almond Crusted Chicken Wings
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Crispy baked chicken wings with real almond breading
Ready in: 1 day 21 hours 35 mins
- 1 cup Blue Diamond(R) smokehouse almonds
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package of chicken wings or wingettes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pepper and salt
Prep: 35 mins | Cook: 1 day 21 hours
1. In a blender, grate almonds until it becomes almond meal, but not butter, set aside in a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg, milk, and Worcestershire sauce, and have the amount of each herb and spice together.
3. Place chicken in a large plastic sealed bag and add egg mixture.
4. Place mixture in the fridge for at least a half hour
5. Sift together the flour, baking powder and remaining spices.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
7. Dip the chicken into the flour mixture shaking off excess egg mixture.
8. Place the egg mixture into a bowl.
9. Return chicken to egg mixture.
10. Shake off excess moisture and roll the chicken in almond meal until fully covered.
11. Place the chicken on a wire rack and bake for about 45 minutes or until crispy.
Reference: Smoky almond crusted chicken wings recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.