Slow cooker spicy chicken burritos recipe
Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Burritos
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Easy burritos in the slow cooker. A blend of chicken, corn, beans, tomatoes and jalapenos cook all afternoon, leaving you with a great weekend dinner.
Ready in: 5 hours 10 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 5 hours
1. Combine chicken, corn, beans, tomatoes, jalapeno, cumin, salt, paprika, pepper, cayenne, and red pepper flakes in a 5-quart slow cooker.
2. Cook on Low for about 5 hours, until chicken is cooked through and beginning to fall apart. Shred with two forks.
3. Add cream cheese to the slow cooker and heat through to melt. Then place some of the filling on each tortilla, roll up, and serve.
Reference: Slow cooker spicy chicken burritos recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.