Slow cooker red wine short ribs recipe
Slow Cooker Red Wine Short Ribs
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Easy low and slow ribs in your slow cooker, with the flavor of red wine.
Ready in: 6 hours 40 mins
- 8 beef bone-in short ribs (4 to 5 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups red wine (chianti works well)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
Prep: 40 mins | Cook: 6 hours
1. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper, then sear in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. This will take about 7 minutes; do it in batches so the ribs have plenty of room. Place in a 5 quart slow cooker.
2. Remove most of the fat from the skillet, leaving 1 tablespoon. Cook onion and garlic in remaining fat over medium heat for 4 minutes, then add tomatoes and wine. When the liquid boils, pour over ribs in the slow cooker.
3. Cook on LOW for 6 hours. Remove ribs and cover with foil on a plate.
4. Pour pan juices into a saucepan and take out any fat you can see on the surface. Bring to a boil over medium-high, and simmer to reduce to 1 cup. Add tomato paste, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, and serve over ribs.
Tags: recipe, Slow cooker red wine short ribs recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Slow cooker red wine short ribs recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com