Slow cooker jalapeno grilled chicken chili recipe
Slow Cooker Jalapeno Grilled Chicken ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Get up, grill some chicken, then toss it in the slow cooker with this all-star team of ingredients. Inspired by Ellis & Laura’s “Chick’s Chicken Chili”
Ready in: 8 hours 20 mins
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cans Great Northern white beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole-kernel sweet corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Cilantro, chopped
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 8 hours
1. In a large plastic resealable bag, combine chicken and Italian dressing. Seal bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate. Grill chicken on medium-high heat until cooked through. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add first nine ingredients and saute for about 5 minutes. Transfer to 6-quart slow cooker. Add broth, beans, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
3. Shred chicken with two forks and add to chili. Cook on HIGH for 30 more minutes. Add lime juice and cilantro and serve.Alternate Method
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
Reference: Slow cooker jalapeno grilled chicken chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)