Slow cooker italian sausage chili recipe
Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Plenty of spice, plenty of meat. You won’t be sorry you made this delicious chili. Inspired by keithv’s “Keith’s Bosox Chili.”
Ready in: 8 hours 25 mins
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds lean ground sirloin beef
- 2 fresh spicy Italian sausages
- 12 ounces chopped red onion
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 4 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- Distilled white vinegar (liberal splash)
- 1 heaping tablespoon salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cayenne (red pepper)
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups plain tomato juice
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 8 hours | Extra time: 10 mins
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown meat, chopped sausage (removed from casing), onion, and garlic. Should take 10-12 minutes. Drain any excess liquid. Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients–except for the salt–stir to combine, and cover. Cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours, stirring once. Add salt and cook for 30 minutes more.Alternate Method
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
To thicken the chili, combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into stew with slow cooker set to HIGH, then repeat until desired thickness is reached.
Reference: Slow cooker italian sausage chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.