Slow cooker hot italian beef sandwiches recipe
Slow Cooker Hot Italian Beef Sandwiches
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Hot beef sandwiches made easy thanks to the wonder of your slow cooker. Make the night before and they’re ready for your all day football feast.
Ready in: 8 hours 15 mins
- 1 (3 pound) beef rump roast, cut in half
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 packet Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- 12 slices Provolone cheese
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 8 hours
1. Place roast in a 4-quart slow cooker and top with broth, dressing mix, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, basil, oregano, and black pepper.
2. Cook on Low for about 8 hours, then measure 1 cup of the cooking juices and pour the rest out (or save for another recipe). Shred meat and return to the slow cooker with the 1 cup of juices; cook for 15 more minutes.
3. While beef is cooking for the last 15 minutes: pour oil into a large skillet and set over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in hot oil for about 10 minutes to soften.
4. Fill the buns with beef, sauteed onion and pepper, and cheese. Serve.
Tags: recipe, Slow cooker hot italian beef sandwiches recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Slow cooker hot italian beef sandwiches recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com