Slow cooker chicken and white bean chili recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken and White Bean ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Instead of a bowl of red, try this healthier version: A bowl of white. Inspired by steven smith’s “Chicken and White Bean Chili.”
Ready in: 16 hours 20 mins
- 1 pound dried Great Northern white beans, rinsed, picked over
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped mild green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock or canned broth
- 3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 12 ounces)
- Sour cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 8 hours | Extra time: 8 hours, soaking
1. Place beans in heavy large pot. Add enough cold water to cover by at least 3 inches and soak overnight.
2. Place chicken in heavy large saucepan. Add cold water to cover and bring to simmer. Cook until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Remove skin. Cut chicken into cubes.
3. Drain beans. Heat oil in same pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, then chilies, cumin, oregano, cloves and cayenne and sauté 2 minutes. Transfer to 6-quart slow cooker.
4. Add beans and stock. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours. Add chicken to the slow cooker and cook for 1 more hour.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle chili into bowls. Serve with cheese, sour cream, salsa and cilantro.Alternate Method
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
Share this content!
Reference: Slow cooker chicken and white bean chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)