Slow cooker beef and guinness stew recipe
Slow Cooker Beef and Guinness StewThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis slow cooker beef and Guinness stew recipe is a hearty and comforting dish perfect for chilly evenings. The combination of tender beef, rich Guinness beer, and flavorful vegetables creates a delicious and satisfying meal. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal hands-on time, this recipe is incredibly easy to make. Let the slow cooker do all the work as the flavors meld together and the meat becomes melt-in-your-mouth tender.
Keywords: slow cooker, beef stew, Guinness, comfort food, easy recipe.
slow cooker beef and guinness stew recipe details
This is our favorite recipe to make when the weather gets cold. It’s so easy and delicious. We make this at least once a month throughout the winter.
Ready in: 9 hours 20 mins
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 pounds very lean stewing beef, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 to 3 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 large yellow onions, quartered
- 1 to 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 cups Guinness stout or other very dark, hearty beer
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 9 hours
1. Place the flour in a resealable plastic bag. Add the beef to the bag, several pieces at a time, and shake to coat completely.
2. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. In batches if necessary, add the beef and cook, turning, for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned on all sides. Using tongs, transfer to paper towels to drain.
3. Place the beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, and thyme in the slow cooker and pour the beer over the top. (If you perfer the vegetables with more texture, let the stew cook for 1 hour before adding the vegetables.)
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until the meat is very tender. Season with salt. Remove and discard the thyme.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Slow cooker beef and guinness stew recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 34 times, 1 visit(s) today