Slow cooker bbq chicken chili recipe
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
The taste of barbecue sauce turns this average chili into something spectacular. Kind of like adding LeBron James to the Cavs. Inspired by Matt’s “Mad Matt’s BBQ Spicy Chili.”
Ready in: 8 hours 20 mins
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 (19 ounce) bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 8 hours
1. Put a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken and beef for 10 to 15 minutes–add up to 1/2 cup water to prevent sticking if necessary. Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Add remaining ingredients, stir well to combine, and cover. Cook on LOW for 8 hours, stirring one during cooking time.Tip
To thicken the chili, combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into stew with slow cooker set to HIGH, then repeat until desired thickness is reached.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
Tags: recipe, Slow cooker bbq chicken chili recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Slow cooker bbq chicken chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com