Skillet t bone steak with red wine peppercorn marinade recipe
Skillet T-Bone Steak with Red Wine Peppercorn Marinade
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
One cast iron skillet, one meaty T-Bone, one bottle red wine, and–assuming you have pantry basics–you’re ready to cook this fantastic steak. Inspired by BigStupidFingers’ “Flat Iron Steak in a Red Wine Reduction with Peppercorns.”
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- Pinch white sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 (1 1/4-inch thick) T-bone steak (or more), at room temperature
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Stir red wine, peppercorns, sugar, and salt together and heat for about 5 minutes in saucepan over medium heat. Allow to cool slightly, then pour into large resealable plastic bag, Add steak, seal the bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Set a cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
3. Remove cast-iron skillet from oven and set over high heat on the stove. Lift steak out of marinade and lay down in the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side to brown.
4. Place skillet with steak back into the oven. Bake for about 6 minutes, until steak reaches an internal temperature of 135 to 140 degrees F (for medium-rare).
5. Remove skillet from oven and transfer steak onto a plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 1 cup of marinade, enough for 2 pounds of steak.
Reference: Skillet t bone steak with red wine peppercorn marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.