Sirloin tortellini soup recipe
Sirloin Tortellini Soup
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Frozen tortellini come to life (not in a zombie way) and join with cubed sirloin steak in this decidedly manly soup.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 pound sirloin steak, cubed
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen beef tortellini
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. In a bowl, toss beef cubes with 2 tablespoons flour to coat. Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, then add beef and cook until browned. Transfer to a bowl and cover with foil.
2. Melt remaining teaspoon of butter in the Dutch oven. Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic and cook for about 8 minutes to soften.
3. Stir in tomatoes with juices, broth, 1 cup water, thyme, pepper, salt, and the browned beef. When the broth comes to a boil, turn heat down to low and place a lid on the pot. Cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Stir tortellini into the Dutch oven and cook for another 8 minutes, until cooked through.
5. In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons flour with 1/2 cup water. Then slowly pour into the Dutch oven. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes to thicken. Serve.
Tags: recipe, Sirloin tortellini soup recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Sirloin tortellini soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com