Sirloin steak with whiskey ginger marinade recipe
Sirloin Steak with Whiskey Ginger Marinade⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
Smoky, sweet whiskey with a hint of spicy ginger makes this steak great off the grill.
Ready in: 8 hours 15 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 sirloin steak
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 8 hours, marinating
1. Mix all ingredients and pour into a large, resealable plastic bag. Add the sirloin steak, seal the bag, and turn/shake to coat the steak. Marinate for 1 hour.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 1/2 cup marinade, enough for 1 pound of steak.
Check out this recipe book if you would like to cook something tasty AND healthy!
Tags: recipe, Sirloin steak with whiskey ginger marinade recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Sirloin steak with whiskey ginger marinade recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com