Porterhouse steak with sweet lemon pepper rub recipe
Porterhouse Steak with Sweet Lemon Pepper Rub
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Give this thick steak a sweet, tart crust with brown sugar and lemon pepper.
Ready in: 15 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Porterhouse steak (or more)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Combine sugar, salt, lemon-pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Coat steak with olive oil, then season both sides of meat with spice rub.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes a little over 1/2 cup of spice rub, enough for 12 steaks.
Reference: Porterhouse steak with sweet lemon pepper rub recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.