Grilled venison steak with smoky honey marinade recipe
Grilled Venison Steak with Smoky Honey Marinade
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Spicy, sweet, and hearty flavor for your deer steaks. Inspired by mls1023’s “Grilled Flank Steak for a Crowd”
Ready in: 1 day 25 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 venison steak (or more)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 day, marinating
1. Combine all ingredients except steak in a large plastic resealable bag. Add steak, seal the bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 24 hours to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes about 3/4 cup of marinade, enough for 1 1/2 pounds of steak.
Reference: Grilled venison steak with smoky honey marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.