Simply speedy lasagna recipe
Simply Speedy LasagnaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the Simply Speedy Lasagna recipe, a quick and delicious way to satisfy your lasagna cravings in no time. This recipe takes the traditional lasagna and simplifies it, allowing you to enjoy all the flavors and textures without spending hours in the kitchen. With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, you can have a mouthwatering lasagna on the table in a flash. So get ready to indulge in layers of cheesy goodness, savory meat sauce, and perfectly cooked pasta sheets with this time-saving lasagna recipe.
Keywords: lasagna, speedy, recipe, quick, delicious
simply speedy lasagna recipe details
This recipe, adapted to use the traditional flavors of Classico® Pasta Sauce, was originally submitted by Allrecipes home cook Sophie.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 pinch basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/5 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 (14 ounce) jars Classico(R) Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Brown the ground beef and Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess grease. Stir in the water and black olives, and season with basil, garlic powder, oregano, sage, pepper, minced garlic, and onion flakes. Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the pasta sauce, and remove from the heat.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. Place a layer of the meat and sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with a layer of dry noodles. Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese over the noodles, and sprinkle with a little mozzarella cheese. Cover with another layer of sauce, and repeat layering ending with the meat and sauce on top. Reserve about 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese for later.
4. Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, but check after 30 minutes depending on how thick the lasagna is. Lasagna is cooked when you can easily stick a knife into it. Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top, and return to the oven for about 10 minutes for a nice melted cheese topping.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Simply speedy lasagna recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 34 times, 1 visit(s) today