Bacalhau brs codfish recipe
Bacalhau Brs (Codfish)This article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe intro"Bacalhau � Br�s" is a traditional Portuguese dish made with codfish, eggs, potatoes, and onions. This recipe combines the rich flavors of salted codfish with the creaminess of scrambled eggs and the crispiness of thinly sliced potatoes. The dish is then garnished with parsley and black olives, adding a fresh and tangy touch. With its unique blend of textures and flavors, Bacalhau � Br�s is a beloved dish that showcases the versatility of codfish in Portuguese cuisine.
Keywords: Portuguese, codfish, eggs, potatoes, traditional.
Bacalhau brs codfish recipe details
The Portuguese people can prepare codfish in 1001 ways! This is one of them. It’s a delicious salty egg scramble with cod, French fries, onions, and olives.
Ready in: 1 day 1 hour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 pound dry, salted codfish
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound French fries (If possible, thinner than standard French fries)
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Extra time: 1 day, soaking
1. Soak the cod in water for 24 hours, replacing the water every 12 hours. Remove the skin and slice the cod in very thin pieces.
2. Put the olive oil and the onions into a skillet over medium heat. Cook until onion is browned, about 7 minutes, then add the cod. Cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Add the French fries and the eggs. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat until the eggs are cooked.
4. Sprinkle with parsley and olives.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Bacalhau brs codfish recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 43 times, 1 visit(s) today