Simple pasta sauce recipe
Simple Pasta Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is a simple yet delicious pasta sauce that is quick and very easy to make.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 fresh red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wire
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes
- black pepper
- pinch salt
- Italian seasoning
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. In a large skillet (a wok works great) add the olive oil and turn heat to high.
2. Add garlic, and leave in the oil until it begins to change to a golden color. Remove garlic and add the red peppers, and let this heat up for 5 minutes. Add red wine and allow to reduce for 5 minutes. Add pepper, pinch of salt and Italian seasoning to taste.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer on medium heat until it begins to reduce, then turn down to low and leave until it thickens, about 30 minutes.
Reference: Simple pasta sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.