Simple cedar planked oysters recipe
Simple Cedar-Planked Oysters
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Oysters grilled on a cedar plank with a succulent butter baste that I also use on halibut. You can grill the halibut and then use the same cedar plank to place the oyster on, or you can use a new cedar plank. It’s up to you!
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 small oysters, out of shell
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 10 mins, marinating
1. Light a gas or charcoal grill to 400 degrees F.
2. Meanwhile, in a small glass bowl, mix the butter, tarragon, dill, herbes de provence, paprika, minced garlic and lemon juice. Heat in a microwave to make it a liquid mixture, but not boiling hot.
3. Place oysters into a bowl and pour butter mixture over the oyster. Let oyster stand in butter for about 10 minutes.
4. Place cedar plank onto hot grill, place oysters onto cedar plank, and pour all remaining butter and juices from bowl over oysters.
5. Close grill lid and cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and serve.
Reference: Simple cedar planked oysters recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.